Friday 15 March 2013

Winds Of Change

I woke this morning at 5.30 and opened the back door to be greeted by the wind, as my back door faces south it meant a southerly was blowing and a welcome change from the freezing northerlies of the last week, so a quick coffee and cigarette and I was out on the cliffs on the bike.
 
As often happens on the first morning after a decent switch of wind direction there was a little visible migration going, best was a calling Woodlark over the flint folly and this was joined by 40 or so Chaffinches all heading NW. Woodlark is annual here for me and I have seen them both in Spring and Autumn every year since I've been here. Stonechats were present too and 3 birds were noted with 2 working their way along the cliff edge scrub and 1 further round the coast near the Digby pub. Quite a productive hour or so and I'm looking forward to my 3 day spell of birding this weekend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment